Telegram Web on Tablet, PC or Laptop
One of the most well-known cloud-based messaging platforms is Telegram. Its services are available on both cell phones and computers. The texting stage allows us to stay in touch with our pals while on the go.
The company is always releasing fresh highlights for its adaptable stage. The requirement form, on the other hand, adds a few useful features to the mix. Telegram web services are now available for the instant messaging app Telegram.
The popular software advertises itself as a privacy-focused app with end-to-end encryption to protect users’ messages. You may transmit messages, photographs, stickers, movies, voice memos, and long video segments with it. Though you may use Telegram online on your computer, you can also use the app on your phone.
- 1 How to Use Telegram Web
- 2 Telegram for your computer
- 3 Differences between telegram group and channel
- 4 How to create a telegram group
- 5 How to create a telegram channel
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions about Telegram Web
- 7 Conclusion
How to Use Telegram Web
Method 1: Using QR Scan Code
Open Telegram in any browser, including Safari, Edge, Firefox, or Chrome.
- Now go to Settings > Devices > Scan QR Code in the Telegram app on your phone.
- Tap on the Scan QR code button on the device screen to advance to the next screen.
- Select Scan QR Code from the menu. It’s possible that you’ll have to grant the app access to utilize your camera.
- Scan the QR code that appears on your browser.
- That’s it; you’ve been accepted. Use the Telegram web app as you would the Telegram smartphone app.
Check: Whatsapp web
Method 2: Login using your phone number
- Click on the Login by Phone Number CTA button on the Telegram website.
- On the following screen, select the nation from the drop-down box and enter the registered phone number.
- To continue, click the Next button once you’ve finished.
- Then, on the telegram app, you’ll receive a code; enter the code on the page.
- Finally, you’ll be sent to the Telegram web app.
Telegram for your computer
You may use Telegram on your Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP Desktop or Mac in addition to using it in a browser. Set up your Telegram Desktop plugin by following these instructions.
- To install the Telegram extension to your browser, select “Add to Chrome.”
- To add “Telegram Desktop” to your toolbar, click the “puzzle button” in the upper right corner and the Pin button when the extension has completed the introduction process.
- Then, snap the “Telegram Web” button by clicking on the “Telegram” icon.
- After that, enter your contact information and sign in.
- Once approved, all of the messages will adapt across all devices.
Differences between telegram group and channel
Telegram channels are a more powerful version of WhatsApp’s Broadcast list, and they’re used to send one-way broadcast messages.
A Telegram group is identical to any other chat group where members may communicate using text messages.
The group admins, on the other hand, can limit member communications and make the group public or private. They can even appoint other members as administrators.
1. Members and subscribers’ numbers
You are simply referred to as a member and subscriber when you join a Telegram group or channel. Telegram groups can have up to 200,000 members, whereas Telegram channels have an infinite number of users.
2. View the member’s visibility and the counter
All members of a Telegram group may view and communicate with each other. A Telegram channel subscriber, on the other hand, cannot view the other participants.
Similarly, you can quickly track how many individuals have viewed your Telegram messages. Telegram groups, on the other hand, do not have this functionality.
3. Chat history
When new subscribers join a Telegram channel, they may immediately access the whole message history. In Telegram groups, this functionality is also accessible. If you don’t want new members to read previous messages, you may switch off the chat history option under group settings.
In addition to the distinctions, Telegram groups and channels share certain commonalities. Both can send quiet messages, which is a unique function.
Members and subscribers can send quiet messages to each other. Surprisingly, no audible notification will be sent to the members for that communication. In addition, Telegram channels, like Telegram groups, allow users to send messages in their names.
How to create a telegram group
To start a Telegram Group, follow these simple steps:
- Install the most recent version of Telegram for Android.
- Log in and choose “New Group” from the sidebar.
- Continue by adding at least one of your friends.
- Create your group by giving it a name.
- Tap the name of the group.
- Select “Add a member.”
- “Invite to Group by Link” should be selected.
- “Copy Link” will appear.
- Please forward this link to your friends.
How to create a telegram channel
- Open the Telegram app and press the pencil symbol in the bottom right corner to start a new channel. The New channel choice should be at the top.
- After you choose the option, you’ll receive a brief message explaining the Telegram Channels. After that, you may give your channel a name, a description, and even emojis if you wish.
- You must also specify whether your Telegram channel will be secret or public. If you want to make your channel private, for example, Telegram will issue you a private link that you can share with your friends so they can simply join. Anyone may look for your channel if you make it public. Only those who have an invite link will have access to join.
- The next stage will be to send out invitations. All of your contacts will be shown; simply touch on the ones you wish to add. If you forget to add someone, don’t worry; you can always add additional people later. Later, go to the channel’s name at the top of the page and tap Subscribers > Add Subscriber, then choose the individuals you wish to add.
- You can also do things like adding more administrators when you’re in the channels settings. You may start a voice conversation and add a shortcut to your home screen by touching the three dots in the upper right corner. Simply go to Administrators > Add Admin and choose the contact.
- You may alter the channel’s name, add a photo/video, change the channel type, make a new invite link, add the admin’s name to the messages they post, delete the channel, and remove someone by pressing on the Removed Users option by hitting on the pencil symbol.
Frequently Asked Questions about Telegram Web
1. Can I use Telegram on the web without having a phone?
The online version cannot be used without a smartphone. It is necessary to have a smartphone.
2. If I take a screenshot, will Telegram be notified?
The user will not be notified if you take a screenshot on the web or in the Telegram app. However, if you’re in ‘Secret chat’ mode with the user, the user will be notified right away that you’ve taken a screenshot.
Read also: Dream league soccer skills
3. Will my previous searches be visible?
The Telegram app or website saves your search history.
4. When I join Telegram, will my contacts be notified?
Yes, assuming you’ve downloaded the Telegram app and set up an account. If your contacts have an active Telegram account, they will receive an automated notification that you have joined Telegram.
5. Is Telegram Web secure to use?
Telegram provides a level of security and confidence to its users. Nonetheless, although end-to-end encryption is available for all visits on WhatsApp and Signal, it is only available for private conversations on Telegram. Wire’s mystery visit option may also only be held between two people, with no gathering chats.
Finally, you should be aware that Telegram has a web version that can be accessed through any browser (Chrome, Opera, Safari, Firefox, etc.) without the need to install any software. Telegram’s online version, on the other hand, isn’t as feature-rich as the desktop and smartphone apps.