Let’s be honest, your eyes aren’t getting any younger, and you’re going to want to be able to see your Snapchat messages without straining your eyes too much when the sun goes down or you’re in an area with low lighting.
About Snapchat Darkmode
Snapchat just announced dark mode on the app, which turns everything black instead of white to help reduce eye strain from looking at your phone too long, but it can take some finagling to turn it on. Here’s how you do it.
Snapchat is a multimedia messaging app popular among teenagers and young adults. It allows users to send photos and videos that disappear after a set amount of time.
The app also has filters, lenses, and other features that make it fun and engaging. One of the newest features is dark mode, which can be turned on in the settings menu.
Once activated, the app will appear with a black background instead of white or yellow (depending on what theme you have chosen). You’ll still see your username at the top-left corner and your friends’ names below them. If you’re having trouble finding dark mode in the settings menu, it may be under About if you are running an older version of Snapchat.
All you need to do is open up the Settings menu, then tap on General and Theme. Select Darker Theme from the list. Keep in mind that not all people like dark mode because they think it makes things harder to read.
What is Dark Mode?
Dark Mode is a new feature on Snapchat that allows you to change the color scheme of the app to black, grey, and white. This can be helpful if you want to save battery life or if you’re trying to take a picture in a low-light setting. Plus, it just looks really cool.
You can activate dark mode by going into Settings, then selecting Darken Colors. It’s super easy!
How to Enable Dark Mode in Snapchat on iOS
- First, open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Then, select Display & Brightness.
- Next, under the Appearance section, select Dark.
- Once you’ve enabled dark mode in the Settings app, open Snapchat and go to the settings menu by tapping the gear icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- In Snapchat’s settings menu, tap Theme and then select Dark.
- Finally, exit the Settings menu and enjoy your new dark mode! If you want to revert back to a light theme, just repeat the steps above but select Light instead of Dark for the theme in Snapchat’s settings menu.
How to Use Dark Mode in Snapchat on Android
- If you have an Android device, you can enable dark mode in Snapchat by going to your phone’s Settings > Display > Advanced > Device theme.
- From there, select Dark. If you don’t see the Dark option, it means that your phone doesn’t support dark mode in Snapchat.
- Once you’ve enabled dark mode, all of your snaps and chats will appear on a black background instead of a white one.
- You’ll also notice other design changes like muted colors. Some people prefer using dark mode because they think it reduces eye strain or helps them sleep better at night.
- Others think it makes things easier to read or prevents photos from getting overexposed when taking pictures outside during the day. What do you think? Is dark mode worth enabling on your phone?
Does Dark Mode extend battery life?
While the jury is still out on whether or not dark mode actually extends battery life, there are some benefits to using this feature. For one, it can help reduce eye strain, especially if you’re using your phone in low-light conditions.
It can also make it easier to read text on your screen. Plus, with a black background and white text, glare from outside light won’t affect what you see on your screen as much.
If you’re trying to sleep at night, this could be a great option for limiting that bright blue light that could keep you up at night.
Some people who have trouble seeing details on their screens might find it helpful, too. Overall, turning on dark mode is worth giving a try!
One of the major downsides to using dark mode is that while you’ll get a better experience reading text, it’s going to be harder for others to read texts from your device.
But overall, turning on dark mode is worth giving a try! One of the major downsides to using dark mode is that while you’ll get a better experience reading text, it’s going to be harder for others to read texts from your device.
That said, many users report enjoying being able to use their devices without having any glaring lights shining in their eyes or straining their eyesight due to light reflections off the screen.
Continuing on, iPhones and iPads with iOS 12 will automatically switch to dark mode once the sun sets (or another appropriate time).
You can also set it manually by tapping Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations > Invert Colors. And if you want to go back to regular mode, tap the icon again.
The iPhone XR, XS Max, and XS come with Night Shift mode, which changes the display colors based on your local time.
You can turn it on by tapping Settings > Display & Brightness > Night Shift. From here, you can adjust when Night Shift activates or turn it off altogether.
Additionally, you can choose how warm the colors become or disable color adjustments entirely.
In conclusion, turning on dark mode on Snapchat is a simple process that can be done in just a few steps. By following the instructions above, you can easily enjoy the benefits of this new feature.
You should now have the ability to create content in darker settings without any distractions. Additionally, if you’re an avid user of Snapchat and want to save your battery life then this might be something for you!